Assignment – A
Question 1. What is a computer and what are the different characteristics of computer?
Question 2. What are the basic features of OOPs?
Question 3. What is an operating system and what are various types of operating system available in market?
Question 4. Define following terms
Question 5. What is E-commerce? Discuss the framework of E-commerce.
Assignment – B
Question 1. What are the different components of Database management system?
Question 2. What is ERP? Explain the general Implementation methodology of ERP.
Question 3. What do you understand by IT Enable services? What are the major segments of IT enable services?
Company A is an Educational service for a museum, responsible for the provision of information to public and research users on the holdings of a large national collection of artifacts.
Company A is not in the business of producing the applications or the software but in the procurement of system, particularly multimedia application, from leading edge companies in the field. The contract must specify that product acceptance is dependent on it reaching certain requirements for usability, quality in use, and ease of use as the majority of the end users of these products are usually people with little or no informatics skills, but highly discretionary needs.
Question: Discuss in detail what I.T infrastructure can be adapted and implemented for this kind of new setup so that the after successfully implementing this infrastructure the training costs can also be avoided.
Assignment – C
1. When a key is pressed on the keyboard, which standard is used for converting the keystroke into the corresponding bits
2. Which device is used as the standard pointing device in a Graphical User Environment
(d) Track ball
3. Which of the following is not an output device?
(c) Flat Screen
(d) Touch Screen
4. Which of the following devices have a limitation that we can only information to it but cannot erase or modify it
(a) Floppy Disk
(b) Hard Disk
(c) Tape Drive
5. Which technology is used in Compact disks?
(c) Electro Magnetic
6. Which of the following storage devices can store maximum amount of data?
(a) Floppy Disk
(b) Hard Disk
(c) Compact Disk
(d) Magneto Optic Disk
7. The programs which are as permanent as hardware and stored in ROM is known as
8. EPROM can be used for
(a) Erasing the contents of ROM
(b) Reconstructing the contents of ROM
(c) Erasing and reconstructing the contents of ROM
(d) Duplicating ROM
9. The contents of information are stored in
(a) Memory data register
(b) Memory address register
(c) Memory access register
(d) Memory arithmetic register
10. Algorithm and Flow chart help us to
(a) Know the memory capacity
(b) Identify the base of a number system
(c) Direct the output to a printer
(d) Specify the problem completely and clearly
11. Which of the following is the oldest spread sheet package?
(b) Lotus 1-2-3
12. How many characters can be typed in a single cell in Excel?
13. A Worksheet can have a maximum of ___ number of rows
14. Comments put in cells are called
(a) Smart Tip
(b) Cell Tip
(c) Web Tip
(d) Soft Tip
15. Comments can be added to cells using
(a) Edit -> Comments
(b) Insert -> Comment
(c) File -> Comments
(d) View -> Comments
16. Which menu option can be used to split windows into two
(a) Format -> Window
(b) View -> Window ->Split
(c) Window -> Split View -> Split
17. Which of the following is not a valid data type in Excel
18. Data can be arranged in a worksheet in an easy to understand manner using
(a) Auto Formatting
(b) Applying Styles
(c) Changing fonts
(d) All of these
19. Which area in an Excel window allows entering values and formulas
(a) Title Bar
(b) Menu Bar
(c) Formula Bar
(d) Standard Tool Bar
20. Multiple calculations can be made in a single formula using
(a) Standard Formulas
(b) Array Formula
(c) Complex Formulas
(d) Smart Formula
21. An Excel Workbook is a collection of
(d) Worksheets and Charts
22. Which of the following is not a database application?
23. which of the following is a database management tool developed by Microsoft?
(c) Personal Oracle
24. HSAM stands for ____
(a) Hierarchic Sequential Access Method
(b) Hierarchic Standard Access Method
(c) Hierarchic Sequential and Method
(d) Hierarchic Standard and Method
25. Threats to data security may be ____ threats to the database.
(c) Both Direct and Indirect
(d) None of these
26. Which of the following is not a logical database structure?
27. An organized collection of logically related data is known as
(b) Meta data
(d) Data versus Information
28. The processing of an application between a client and a ____ processor.
(a) Front end
(b) Back end
(d) None of these
29. The____ is not formal enough to be implemented directly in a programming language.
(a) Analysis model
(b) E R model
(c) Object oriented model
(d) Object oriented data mode
30. Size of a database are usually measured in terms of
(c) Data bytes
(d) Giga bytes
31. In databases, Locking level is also called as
(b) S lock
(c) X lock
(d) Dead lock
32. Wired networks…
(a) Can be simpler to secure than wireless networks
(b) Can involve running long wires through walls
(c) Generally use Ethernet cables
(d) All of the above
33. Wireless networks…
(a) Can only have one type of operating system on them
(b) Have a limited range that can be furthered reduced by physical obstacles
(c) Only work with laptops
(d) Are quite difficult to secure
(a) Stand for “Modulator/demodulators”
(b) Connect to multiple computers
(c) Broadcast wireless signals
(d) Only work with AOL
35. What is a router?
(a) A device that make sures all devices on your network get power
(b) A device that manages the data flow of a network
(c) A device that always has a firewall for security
(d) A device that connects to the internet and a modem
36. ______ shares characteristics with both hardware and software
(a) Operating system
37. Which of the following statements is true about ERP Implementation?
(a) “As-Is” stage follows “To-Be” stage.
(b) “To-Be” stage follows “As-Is” stage.
(c) “Go-Live” stage and “As-Is” stage can proceed simultaneously.
(d) None of the above.
38. Which of the following factor does not contribute to the success of ERP?
(a) Focus on business processes and requirements first.
(b) Focus on achieving a healthy ERP ROI (Return on Investment), including post-implementation performance measurement.
(c) Strong project management and resource commitment.
(d) Lack of budget.
39. Who plays and important role in the selection of ERP Package?
(d) All of the above.
40. Enterprise-wide resource planning systems (ERP systems) attempt to:
(a) Integrate all corporate information in one central database
(b) They do not allow information to be retrieved from many different organizational positions
(c) They allow any organizational object to be made invisible.
(d) They allow information to be stored in multiple databases.