Assignment – A
Question 1: Explain through appropriate illustration the following terms in the context of corporate Policy.
a) Strategy & tactics
b) Policies, Plans & rules
c) Plans and programs
Question 2: Assuming yourself to be the CEO of an organization relate the difficulties you would face in choosing and setting the objectives of your origination?
Question 3: Write a comprehensive note detailing the different types of grand strategies & the dimensions along which they may be defined.
Question 4: A business that did not previously bother with corporate strategy has decided to formulate a strategy. Write a report to the CEO of this business suggesting. Write a report to the CEO of this business suggesting the main factor that need to be considered during the formulation of its strategy statement.
Question 5a): Describe the evaluation Process for operational control
Question 5b): Distinguish between operational control and strategic control
Assignment – B
Question 6. There is no such thing as “The learning Organization”
Question 7a. What Problem might emerge from inadequacies in a firm’s organizational structure?
Question 7b. In what sense does “Structure follow strategy”?
Question 8a. Explain the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility?
Question 8b. What is meant by aligning social responsibility to strategic manager?
Question 1. What issues should the top management of TLC consider whilst assessing the four options recommended by consultants? Indicate the merits and demerits of each option.
Question 2. In your opinion which subjective factor are likely to affect the decision aking process?
Question 3. Do you agree with the statement “Structure always follow Strategy”
Assignment – C
1. Objectives when stated in specific terms become
2. A good mission statement invariable includes the firm’s
3. A board term which includes goals, Procedures, rules and steps to be taken in putting a plan into action is
4. An executive Assistant has a generalist orientation and excellent communications skills. He assist the
5. Good strategies give rise to good
6. Strategy operates at three levels: Corporate divisional/SBU and
7. The term long range planning, corporate planning and – are used synonymously
8. Contingency planning comes into operation due to changes in a firm’s
9. The implementation of functional policies is the main role of
10. The definition of business along the three dimensions of customer groups, customer function and alternate technologies was given by
11. Planning covering a period of 3 to 5 years is referred to as
12. Strategy mostly follows structure in firms which
13. The functional structure promotes
14. A matrix structure violates the principle of
15. The definition of strategy as a “unified, comprehensive and integrated plan designed to assure that the basic objectives of the firm are achieved” was given by
16. The adaptive form of structure is referred to as
17. Business form of SWOT analysis to assess the
18. Concentric diversification involves taking up activity that is
19. Merger and acquisition strategies basically involve
20. Firms adopt stability strategy because
21. The experience curve is a commonly used concept in
22. The PLC curve exhibits the relationship of sales with respect to one as the product passes through
23. The BCG matrix enables assessment of individual businesses on the basis of industry growth rate and
24. ‘Stars’ operate in a high-growth industry and have
25. In terms of product life cycle (PLC), products in the late maturity or declining stage are referred to as
26. The five forces model of competition which helps to determine the intensity of industry competition and profitability was developed by
27. The only responsibility of business is to perform its economic functions efficiently and provide goods and services for society and earn maximum profits. The above view has been propounded by which of the following luminaries.