1st Year MBA eBusiness All 8 Subjects
Each Subject – Two Answer through Email
1.1 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
1. Choose one academic administrator and another public administrator and conduct
interview and then ask them how their job differs from that of business managers.
How do they know how well their department, institution or organization is
performing, since profit is probably not one of the criteria for assessing effectiveness
2. Design a interview schedule and conduct the interview a manager in your locality and
ask him how many subordinates he has. Are different numbers of subordinates
supervised at the top, the middle, and the bottom of the organizational hierarchy?
What really determines the span of management in the organization?
3. “There are two notions about relationship between job satisfaction and productivity: a
happy worker is a productivity one; a happy worker is not necessarily a productive
one. Critically evaluate this statement and bring out the situations under which each
statement is true”.
4. “Planning is the basis, delegation is the key, information is the guide, and action is
the essence of control of.” Trace the relationship between control and other functions
with real life examples.
1.2 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
1. Examine the suitable demographic segmentation variables other than age and
sex for the following industry
• Two wheeler
2. You have been selected by the ABC pharmaceutical company to be a sales force
for the period of three years. Identify and describe how you would progress
through the steps in effective selling.
3. Select an example of a new product failure in the recent context. Explore and
prepare a report highlighting the causes for its failure. Do you think a better
understanding of consumer behaviour could have contributed to its success in
the market place? Do you accept or not? Justify your stand.
4. Design a questionnaire to determine repeat purchase behaviour and brand
loyalty with respect to
• Fairness cream
• Sports shoe
• Ready-to-wear garments
1.3 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
1. Design an appropriate capital structure which yields more profitability of a
service industry of your choice. Illustrate your answer with the help of a EBITEPS
2. The finance manager should take an account of the time value of money in order
to take a correct financial decision. Elucidate the statement with the help of
3. The goal of capital management is the maximisation of long run earning to
present share holders. – Comment
4. You are a finance manager in a manufacturing organization. You came to know
the sales are very low when compared to the last year. So you have decided to do
credit sales. Draft a proposal highlighting the decision areas to be concentrated
to avoid non-payment.
1.4 DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
1. Create an ER diagram for the loan management system of a finance company.
Loans are given on the purchase of various items with different interest rates.
The company keeps track of defaulters and taken appropriate steps against
them. Make and state suitable assumption (if any).
2. Draw a net sketch to indicate the architecture of a distributed data base system for
college administration process with an example. Explain the various forms of data
fragmentation used in DDB.
3. Develop a conceptual data model for a hospital information system and write a
PL/SQL program using oracle to perform the following tasks.
a) Print the patient – details according to room wise.
b) Print the patient – details according to disease wise.
c) Print the patient – details according to the doctors attending them.
(Assume your own tables and fields)
4. Consider the following relational schema
Account (A/C No., branch name, balance)
Loan (Loan No., A/C No.)
Depositor (Customer Name, A/C No.)
Borrower (Customer Name, Loan No.)
Write queries in SQL for the following.
a) Find all loan number for loan made at Thanjavur branch.
b) Find all customers who have both a loan and an account in the bank at each
c) Find the number of depositors in each branch
1.5 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. “One reason for implementing global training programmes is the need to avoid
business losses due to cultural insensitivity”. What sort of training programme
would you recommend to avoid such cultural insensitivity?
2. Bring out some real life examples of how to use interest inventories to improve
employee selection. In doing so, suggest some examples of occupational
interests that you believe might predict success in various occupations including
Professor, Accountant and System Analyst.
3. Design a graphic rating scale for the below mentioned professions:
iii. Web Designer
4. Develop an incentive plan for the following positions:
i. Chemical Engineer
ii. Plant Manager
iii. Used car sales force
iv. First-line supervisor.
Examine the factors that you have to consider in reaching your conclusions.
1.6 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
1. Discuss MIS strategies that companies in the electricity utilities industry could
employ to achieve a competitive advantage.
2. “The best way to reduce systems development costs is to use application
software packages or fourth-generation tools”. Do you agree or disagree?
Substantiate your answer.
3. Adopting an enterprise application is a key business decision as well as a
technology decision. Do you agree or disagree? Justify your views.
4. Discuss in detail the activities involved in the development of e-commerce based
Information System in a retail sector.
1.7 SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
1. a) How an user can be involved in defining a project? Explain.
b) Identify the milestones in a project schedules plan. Discuss the difficulties in
preparing the plan.
2. a) Compare the initial and final schedule of a project with an example.
b) How weak quality in a project can be anticipated? Justify your answer.
3. a) Discuss the relationships that exist among activities. Give examples.
b) How to create the activity responsibility matrix? Give its importance.
4. a) Discuss the vendor management tools in project.
b) Explain the various attributes of successful leader.
1.8 FINANCIAL AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
1. How a financial statement helps the investors and creditors for a service based
company and manufacturing company. Give your views by taking any of the one
company of your choice on both the sector.
2. Identify the financial ratio on which type of Managerial of retail stores adopted.
Further analyse the various importance of those ratio and give your views. How
it will help the retail store.
3. Discuss various applications of the Break Even Chart. Enumerate the various
criticism usually levelled against Break Even Charts. Differentiate how this
Break Even chart helps the service sector and manufacturing sector.
4. From the following particulars, prepare the Balance Sheet of Sri Mohan Ram.
Current Ratio — 2
Working Capital — Rs. 4,00,000
Capital block to Current Assets — 3:2
Fixed Asset to turnover — 1:3
Sales Cash / Credit — 1:2
Stock Velocity — 2 months
Creditor’s velocity — 2 months
Debtor’s velocity — 3 months
Capital block Net Profit — 10% of turnover
Debentures / Share Capital — 1:2
Gras Profit Ratio — 25% (to Sales)
Reserves — 2.5% of turnover