Assignment – A
Question 1: What is strategic planning and why do companies prepare a SWOT analysis during strategic planning process?
Question 2: How do computer and telephone ownership affect e-marketing in emerging economies?
Question 3: How does fixed pricing differ from dynamic pricing?
Question 4: Why is PayPal a good idea for merchants?
Question 5: What is integrated marketing communication, and why is it important?
Assignment – B
Question 1: Should e-business strive to build community withy noncuatomers as well as customers? Why or why not?
Question 2: Would you like to use your cell phone to pay for goods and services?
Question 3: In what ways do companies use the internet marketing public relations, sales promotion and direct marketing?
A European grocery foods firm has developed a new range of convenience products for sale in overseas markets. Compare and contrast the different methods by which the firm may seek to to sell these products online.
1 Which of the following is NOT included in Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs model?
a. Physiological needs
b. Esteem needs
c. Consumer needs
d. Social needs
2 Which of the following descriptions relates to an oligopoly?
a. Only one competitor and a unique product or service.
b. Only a few competitors with sometimes similar although differentiated offerings.
c. Several competitors with many substitutes.
d. Many competitors with almost homogeneous products.
e. None of the above
3 Fiscal policy is one of the aspects encountered in which area of the macro environment?
4 Sales records, financial statements
a. internal statistics.
b. primary data.
c. secondary data.
d. casual data.
e. economic data.
5 Which group identified in Roger’s innovative adoption model is most likely to be older and most likely to purchase due to external pressures?
b. Early adopters
c. Early majority
d. Late majority
6 In which step of the consumer decision-making process is a consumer making a complex purchase most likely to experience ‘cognitive dissonance’?
a. Problem recognition
b. Information search
c. Information evaluation
d. Decision to purchase
e. Post-purchase evaluation
7 Which competitive strategy concentrates on producing a unique product but to a broader target market – in other words, a target market that values differentiation rather than low prices?
a. Focused strategy
b. Cost leadership strategy
c. Niche market strategy
d. Differentiation strategy
e. Price parity strategy
8 Which of Ansoff’s growth (competitive) strategies involves developing a more aggressive marketing mix for the present product in the present market?
b. Market development
c. Market penetration
d. Product development
e. All of the above.
9 Which of the following is NOT an environmental influence on the consumer decision making process?
a. Individual influence
b. Socio-cultural influence
c. Marketing mix
d. Physiological influence
e. Situational influence
10 Groups that individuals identify with, or aspire to, are known as
a. life-cycle groups.
b. conglomerate groups.
c. reference groups.
d. progressive groups.
e. None of the above.
11. Marketing that moves away from a transaction-based effort to a conversation (i.e. two-way dialogue) and can be described as a situation or mechanism through which marketers and a customer (e.g. stakeholders) interact usually in real-time is known as:
a) Digital marketing.
b) Interactive marketing.
c) Direct marketing.
d) Electronic marketing.
12. Which of the following is not a type of digital marketing activity?
a) Email marketing.
b) Social web marketing.
c) Print advert.
d) Viral marketing.
13. ________refers to the degree to which a user’s input into a system/channel and the speed of response they receive from the system/channel are simultaneous.
d) Mode of transfer
14. In the first 10 years, the web was heavily used as a static publishing and/or retailing (transactional) channel. This was known as:
a) Web 2.0.
b) Web 1.0.
c) Web publishing.
d) Static web.
15. The evolution of Web 2.0 (also called the social web) has today classified internet based digital resources as more participatory technologies or social channels, than just information or transactional channels. What is the focus of this social web?
d) Web platform.
16. A form of marketing communications that uses internet-based resources for the purpose of advertising, delivering messages to drive traffic to a website (‘click-through rate’) and also encourage trial, purchase, or repeat-purchase activity is called:
a) Search marketing.
b) E-mail marketing.
c) Internet advertising.
d) Social web marketing
17. An advertising model used in which advertisers pay their host only when their sponsored ad or link is clicked, is called:
a) Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
b) Contextual Advertising.
c) Digital Asset Optimization (DAO).
d) Pay Per Click (PPC).
18. A method of marketing by electronic mail wherein the recipient of the message has consented to receive it is called:
a) Search marketing.
b) Internet advertising.
c) Permission-based email marketing.
d) Social web marketing.
19. ____________ is a form of digital marketing that describes the use of the social web and social media (e.g. social networks, online communities, blogs or wikis) or any online collaborative technology for marketing activities, be it sales, public relations, research, distribution or customer service.
a) Pay Per Click (PPC)
b) Digital Asset optimization (DAO)
c) Social Web Marketing (SWM)
d) Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
20. Marketing that moves away from a transaction-based effort to a conversation (i.e. two-way dialogue) and can be described as a situation or mechanism through which marketers and a customer (e.g. stakeholders) interact usually in real-time is known as:
a) location-based targeting
b) wide coverage
c) mass distribution
d) interest group setting
21. Existing websites translated for wireless devices to access and download content are known as:
c) WAP sites
22. This refers to branded software applications for mobile devices that consumers use to access added-value information, customer service and/or entertainment where and when they want it.
a) WAP sites.
23. This is the process of marketing accomplished or facilitated through the application of electronic devices, appliances, tools, techniques, technologies and or systems.
a) Electronic marketing.
b) Interactive marketing.
c) Internet marketing.
d) Direct marketing.
24. Which of the following is not an issue that marketers need to consider when using digital resources for marketing activities?
25. This is about the interchange between two or more parties (i.e. people or machines) and the effect one party has on the others response.
26. Which of the following refers to unsolicited electronic messages?
a) Opt-in email.
b) Consent marketing.
d) Opt-out email.
27. A database of information that is maintained by human editors and lists websites by category and subcategory with categorization is known as:
a) A search directory.
b) Automated voice response (AVR).
28. This attempts to improve rankings for relevant keywords in search results by improving a website’s structure and content:
29. This occurs where the speed, sequence and content is controlled by the sender or the receiver:
c) Pop-up ads.
30. This operates algorithmically or using a mixture of algorithmic and human input to collect, index, store and retrieve information on the web (e.g. web pages, images, information and other types of files). It makes the information available to users in a manageable and meaningful way in response to a search query. This is referred to as:
a) Banner ads.
b) Pop-up ads.
c) A search engine.
31. This is the science of signs and how they convey meaning in their representation.
32. In postmodern times, manufacturers have to shift marketing emphasis to__________.
a) what consumers need
b) what consumers desire
c) what generates more revenue
d) what consumers buy
33. Postmodern marketing is concerned with marketing to:
c) Female consumers.
34. Which of the following is not a principle of developing customer value?
a) Customers will choose between alternative offerings and select the one that (theyperceive) will offer them the best value.
b) Customers have the same needs and requirements.
c) Customers do not want product or service features; they want their needs met.
d) It is more profitable to have a long-term relationship between a customer and a company rather than a one-off transaction.
35. _____________ focuses on the net-value customers realize from using the products/services provided by suppliers.
a) Value retention
d) Value creation
36. A tool to appraise an organization’s ability to create differential advantage is known as:
a) The value chain.
b) The value creation.
c) The competitive advantage.
d) The product portfolio.
37. An approach that encompasses a wide range of relationships, not just with customers, but also those that organizations develop with suppliers, regulators, government, competitors, employees, and others is referred to as:
a) Commitment selling.
b) Relationship marketing.
c) Transactional marketing.
d) Market engineering.
38. This is a form of non-personal communication, by an identified sponsor, that is transmitted through the use of paid-for media:
b) Personal selling.
c) Public relations.
39. ____________ is very effective at delivering messages to target audiences as it allows for explanation in a way that most other media cannot.
40. Media materials that are placed inside magazines or direct mail letters are referred to as:
a) Care lines.
b) Direct mail.
c) Door to door.